Monday, March 12, 2018

We're living in our house 3+ years already.....time is flying!
Building a house in Taiwan was one of the best decisions I have ever made! We are very happy here! Being from Germany,I know I would not be able to build a house in Germany! It's just too expensive. In Taiwan it's still payable! So, I am very happy I was able to build and design my own house. Of course, since I designed the house by myself and reflecting on it now, I would made a few tiny changes.
First: 150 m2 is too big for a family of 3! For me ,personal, it's too big, but on the other hand, we might have to sell the house one day and Taiwanese love bigger houses. This house could easily house 5+ people.
Second: we saved a few bucks! We put in plastic doors for our bathrooms....we should have used wooden doors. The wooden doors we used for the rest of the house are gorgeous!
Third: the tiles in the living room/kitchen area. We saved some money and we used simple tiles. I  wanted very simple beautiful light grey tiles, but we saved a couple of bucks and we didn't do it.....big regrets!!!!!I should just go for it!

Everything else is wonderful!


We have already survived earthquakes, typhoons and floods in the last 3 years.The typical life in Taiwan.....The house is holding up very well!

The builders did a great job! I am very happy we found this company! I would build with them a second time!


If you think about building a house in Taiwan, go for it! It's not easy but it's possible!

But, you need time.....I took almost 2 years from the day we started looking for land until we moved in!
It was so worth it!

Greetings Boris

4 comments:

  1. So, how much does it cost to build a house in Taiwam?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any info you could provide on general ballpark figures on construction costs that you had to take into account? Price /m2, typical material and or labor costs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you build in the city or in the mountains. I'm planning on building an earthen house and am having trouble finding resources to do it legally. I want to buy farmland and build a cob house. Cob is not popular here and have wanted to build one for years. Because it is unpopular no one seems to know where to go. Maybe you can help me with the process you took to get yours legally approved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. Is this blog still active? I'm really hope to get in touch with you on the buying n building a house in TW.

    ReplyDelete